A little tidbit for you

I have some things that are really interesting I'm working on, but today's Sunday School and worship were stupendous but tiring, and tonight's small faith group went long, so I'm saving them for tomorrow. Meanwhile, here is something short:

A La Andy Rooney, "Didja ever notice..." Nebuchadnezzar's statue...
Daniel 2:31-33: "Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible. This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.' "

The metals represent kingdoms current to Daniel's time and in the future. The metals go from top to bottom in order of worth. Gold is the most precious metal on earth, then silver, then brass and then iron which is not worth anything on the precious metals market. As time goes on, all the kingdoms decrease in worth and value. Inversely, the metals, though they decrease in value, increase in strength. Gold is the softest metal, iron is pretty strong.

The metals are symbols of kingdoms. Daniel's interpretation is here: (Dan 2:36-43)

Comments

  1. I know it is talking about kingdoms, but just now it reminded me of the Nephilim when it says, "they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay." But almost like a trans-human. Like half robot/machine (iron) and half man (clay).

    I had never noticed this before, and this post sparked my curiosity, so I just looked it up in 4 commentaries. They mention the nations, one mentioned that saying the godly will mix with the pagan, but I don't think that is what it means. What do you think of this portion of the scripture? Is it a stretch to think it refers back to Genesis 6?

    On the whole half clay half steel note, Christina Aguilera has a song called bionic which is about someone controlling her mind. The picture for the album is half of her face human, and half of her face robot.

    Sorry I am rambling around alot. But also, the Bible talks about an image of the beast and giving life to the image . . . I have heard people interpret that as if it could be a robot.

    It is late, and I should stop rambling and go to bed! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I didn't go to bed. I should have! But I was finishing up an article on the occult influence in the media, and I noticed this other article on the homepage, about transhumanism.

    It is a video of an interview by the Wall Street Journal with a man who says that they are developing the technology to blend humans with machines. I thought it was a huge coincidence considering my last comment above and my ponderings this evening.

    Here is the link:
    http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/kurzweil-a-future-of-humans-merged-with-machines-video/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the phrasing "they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another," in Dan 2:43. Who is *they*?? If not humans? The phrasing seems to speak of the human race and another race. It evokes the verse to my mind in Gen 6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days, yea, and after that the sons of God came unto the daughters of men, and they had born them children, these were mighty men, which in old time were men of renown."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have definitely noticed this before and I have used this passage when I tell people about the nephilim (still something that most Christians seems to be unaware of/ignorant about.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also meant to point out that this passage is also why I believe the antichrist will show himself (and give "proof") that he is alien and he will have control over the 'aliens.'

    I believe this will be the great deception and yes, there is trans-humanism involved but he will make a vast majority of people believe they too are alien.

    I do believe the antichrist is a man (and I do believe I know which man that is.) His trickery will be very powerful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment